[antispam-f] Re: Weight keyword and blocklists

  • From: Robin Hampshire <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:46:30 +0100

In article <4f8e618636antispam@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All you need to know to *use* block lists with AntiSpam, is that you
> shouldn't delete any messages on Weight values less than 10 (depending
> on the block list service providers used this value may change, so I
> decided against 'hard coding' it in the program).

Thanks Frank.

Does AS contact the various DNSBL providers for every message, or does it
download a local database for use on the fly?

Which providers does it use as default, and if more than one then how does
it resolve conflicts between them (I don't want to know on a technical
level - a bit of layman's narrative is enough :-) )

Anyway, I shall try it and see what happens.

regards, and thanks again.

--
Robin Hampshire
robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx