[antispam-f] Re: Waiting for inbox

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 14:25:04 +0100

On 2 Jun 2010 Frank de Bruijn  wrote:

> You mentioned running SpamStamp and Messenger. How are they triggered?

SpamStamp is run by the Chain command to process defaulted messages.
Messenger I assume just polls its input directory periodically.

> Are you sure they will always take less than a certain amount of time to
> process the download file? If AntiSpam tries to open an existing
> download file when it reconnects and some other application is still
> messing with it, things will go wrong...

Possibly, though not much else can run while SpamStamp is processing
mail. As AntiSpam is using a fixed (user specified) filenames for its
output files then it might be better to leave things as they are.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx