[antispam-f] Re: Waiting for inbox

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:42:26 +0100

On 2 Jun 2010 Frank de Bruijn  wrote:

> In article <b8cabf2051.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If you set "E-mails/bytes to process per run" and a Wait time in
>> Choices... > Mailbox > General, AntiSpam will stop after the required
>> number or volume of messages and wait for the specified time before
>> fetching the next lot. However it doesn't appear to close its output
>> file

> That's correct. The files aren't closed until handling of the current
> mailbox is finished.

>> so SpamStamp, Messenger, etc. can't get on with processing the
>> messages already received.

> You really need that there? The mailbox isn't 'done' yet at that point.

Not necessarily, or rather I don't really need the wait. The reason I
set the limit was to reduce the amount of mail which has to be
refetched if the transfer fails for some reason, which it did when I
returned from a short break. I had fetched 124 out of about 280
messages.

> I'll see if I can add some code to close the files prematurely without
> disrupting the program flow.

If there's a wait between fetches then it would seem sensible, but
otherwise I accept there's not a lot to be gained. On the other hand
if I can fetch 50 messages at a time and then wait for 30 seconds, I
could get on with reading those messages while the next batch was
being fetched.

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx