[antispam-f] Re: User Tests

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:49:48 +0100

On 7 Apr 2008 as I do recall,
          Dave Barnett  wrote:

> In a recent message           Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> >> [snip code]
> >> I just pasted that code at the end of my user tests file.
>
> >> 07 Apr 09:24:21 100   Message  : No such function/procedure
> >> 'FN@Domaincaps' [Delete From: @ Domaincaps]
>
> >> There is no need to spend time on this, AntiSpam reduces the flood
> >> from drowning to paddling depth.
>
> > Erm...
>
> >  domaincaps
>
> >  Domaincaps
>
> > Spot the difference... :-)
>
> I'm sure that I tried that, even pasting from the code to avoid those
> 'invisible' typos.  Now I'll wait until the next one comes along, like
> busses they are usually in threes.  Should not be too long to wait, it
> is at least 10 minutes since the last one.

The easiest (and only 'safe') way to test new UserTests is to use the
Trial facility - Adjust-click on the iconbar and drag an e-mail that
*ought* to match into the top icon of the Trial window thus displayed.
AntiSpam will tell you which headers match which Rules and what the
final outcome would be...

Remember to quit-and-restart after modifying BASIC files, though.

(N.B. It's also a good idea to test with some genuine e-mails that ought
*not* to match, just in case you've accidentally set up a test that will
delete everything thrown at it due to an error of logic!)

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

The best laid schemes o' mice and men gang oft a-gley.