[antispam-f] Re: Tab in 'From:'

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:05:14 +0100

On 27 Oct 2006 as I do recall,
          Mark J wrote:

[snip]

> Out of curiosity - I did ponder your rule, but does not
> MID$(h$,LEN(k$+":")+1) leave d$? I had thought to use d$, but was
> unsure when that leading space was added, and where the TAB was in
> relation to it - whether the generating of d$ would strip it off or
> not. I haven't got one to look at...

I initially tried that, but it doesn't work.   The leading tab gets
stripped.

I was going to simply use MID$(h$,6), since the length of "From:" is
known, but I thought it might come in handy to be able to apply the same
rule to other headers some time....

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

We are not punished for our sins, but by them.