[antispam-f] Re: String too long at line 4216

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:28:59 +0100

On 25 Jun, lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 24 Jun, Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <4ef7cfa340lists@xxxxxxxx>,
> >    lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Suddenly one of my mailboxes fails when fetching and AS quits.
> > > 'String too long at line 4216 (4216)'
> > AS version 1.59, revision 7, I assume?

> Yes.

> > > Nothing was done to the computer to initiate this. So I thought: maybe
> > > there's a problem email there.
> > Correct.
> > > So via webmail I deleted a few spams and tried AS again. Ecco! all
> > > is well. What was  the error message telling me?
> > [snip] I'm guessing the header causing the problem contained an end
> > marker before a start marker. That shouldn't happen of course, but
> > neither should spam. Changing the bit in line 4206 [...snip]
> > should take care of this.
> > P.S. In AS 1.60 alpha 5 line 4206 has moved to 4257.

> Thanks for the fix.
> I assume 1.59 r7 is the current release.

1.60 alpha5 is the latest of the version that includes blacklist checking.

The only problem I've had was one where AS crashed when unable to see the
alternate DNS module.[1] (The module died for some reason - possibly the
length of time it had been working without an intervening reboot or more
likely a couple of power spikes)

[1] Might be an idea to set AS to warn but not crash Frank

--

Steve Pampling