[antispam-f] Re: Sending via Hermes

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:45:47 +0000 (GMT)

In article <9537faaa4e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>, Harriet Bazley
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the introduction of Hermes to the DialUp suite, I had to change
> all my calls to POPStar (i.e. in the Send command) to be calls to
> Hermes.

[Snip]

> The documentation suggested that issuing *Hermes_Send ought to have the
> desired effect, but it didn't.

> Use of Reporter revealed, however, that the command being issued by
> DialUp was in fact "<Hermes$Dir>.!Run -transferfs", and adding the
> -transferfs flag to the end of the command issued by AntiSpam has had
> the desired effect: I can now get it to send e-mail automatically at
> the end of a fetch, and select "Send Mail" usefully from the menu.

If you have 'Quit after transfer' set to 'Only if run from
DialUp/Netfetch' then adding the '-transferfs' triggers the quit.
Starting Hermes by double-clicking won't trigger the quit which is useful
if you run it standalone rather than via Dialup/Netfetch.

Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5