[antispam-f] Re: Secure SMTP?
- From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 07:28:55 +0200
In article <2a5c464d56.DaveMeUK@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Dave Higton <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I didn't come away with a complete understanding of the required
contents of the choices file. Perhaps I should have read it some
- Is a "Default" section necessary?
- If there is a "Default", must it me the first?
- If there isn't a "Default", does the first one provide the defaults?
There will always *be* a default account - the first one in the file -
but you can give it any name you like. Mine is called Ziggo, because
that's the name of my ISP.
- If MSC is auto-run, can there be more than one entry?
- and, if so, how do you specify which one is to be used?
MSC will try to figure that out by comparing the Sender value of each
account with the sender of the message. For instance, if I send a
message from the e-mail address whatever@xxxxxxxxxxx, it will check all
accounts until it finds one with that address - or just the @hotmail.com
part - in the Sender keyword. If it doesn't, it will use the default
account (which is why you must never give that a Sender).
Other related posts: