[antispam-f] Re: Recent Spam

  • From: Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:09:04 GMT

In a recent message           Jeremy Nicoll - freelists
<jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Amongst the recent flood of spam, there are a large number that use
>> <address>.  The name part includes the double quotes, spaces and dot.
>> The <initial> cycles through the alphabet.
>
> Is that not common in all incoming mails?  I'd not have thought it would be
> safe to filter on the format of these fields.

If you just look at the To or From alone then yes.  But in combination
using AND there is a chance.  However, I think that I may be catching
most of them in my Subject rules, the bot seems to have a very limited
vocabulary.  I don't think that I'll waste any more brainpower.

--
Dave
Keep GMT all year