[antispam-f] Re: Recent Spam

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:26:05 +0000

Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > What?  How can that be related to the format of an email address?
>
> I think he's referring to the United States of America....

Yes I realised but I still don't see the relevance of a timezone to the
format of someone's name.

I'm Jeremy C. B. Nicoll, regardless of what timezone I'm in.   I usually
don't bother with initials though - too pretentious - but by no means
always.  In most cases official correspondence to me only recognises one
initial so here in the UK I'm often addressed as: "Jeremy C. Nicoll".

> Unless he has a great many American correspondents in the habit of
> sending e-mail to one another and BCCing him in on the exchange, he
> should be safe enough under the circumstances he describes.

I don't agree.  I don't see the name format as exclusively US at all.

> For what it's worth, after checking my current logs, the only legitimate
> e-mail I have on record from such a poster consists of mailing list
> traffic from one "David J. Ruck".   :-)

I had a quick look at people's names elsewhere, and found some others.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own