[antispam-f] Re: Problem with 1.62.2

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 00:42:15 +0100

On 6 Jul, Frank de Bruijn wrote:

> In article <41ffb23251.Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Howlett
> <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> Any thoughts?

> Not immediately.

> I'll try to reproduce this, but I need more information about your
> settings. Could you send me a copy of your Settings file please (off
> list and without usernames/passwords of course)?

[snip]

I've just realised what has happened - PBCAK [1]

Because I've changed ISP, I had to change from my old ISP's usage of
my domain, which used a catch-all email address to send me emails to
anything.at.all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - my domain supplier no longer uses
this option, so while it continued to work with my previous ISP, when
I tried to change the forward address to my new ISP I was informed
that this was no longer an option.

As a result, I've had to set up new mailboxes for my most used email
addresses. I set them up in AntiSpam, but forgot to specify download
folders - as a result, although the messages were all accepted, they
had nowhere to go. I have added the download folders, and bingo - all
email now successfully downloaded.

Incidentally, is it advisable, or necessary, to have individual
download folders for each email address in AntiSpam, or can they all
be pointed at the same folder?

Cheers!

[1] Problem between chair and keyboard...
--
Brian Howlett