[antispam-f] POP Error situations

  • From: Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:30:56 +0100

A suggestion and a question about some errors I have been seeing recently
of the following sorts in the AntiSpam logs ...

#1:   07 Jul 12:37:19 040 Failed to resolve remote host

#2:   07 Jul 12:43:15 040 Time out while logging in

#3:   07 Jul 12:56:15 020 Invalid argument (error #&20E16)
      07 Jul 12:56:15 020 Aborted: unable to connect to host

The suggestion is: can errors like this somehow be indicated on the
Summary which is displayed when the download ends? When such errors
happen, I can be oblivious for some time until I wonder why nothing has
been downloaded! Perhaps the End time displayed could be red background,
with the text 'Errors' after the date?

The question is: What does the 'Invalid Argument' error #3 mean? When it
has happened the only solution I have found so far is to re-boot the
broadband Router!

And another question: is there any way to log diverted messages, with the
action taken? I would like to be able to review them sometimes to see if
there is anything which I should/could add to my rules file. Rather like
the log of messages deleted by the rules.

Thanks

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader