[antispam-f] Re: Only downloads the first time?

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:44:03 +0200

In article <3200fe0152.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Angove <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We're off for a few days this morning (as soon as we can get the
> children breakfasted!) so I did a last check of email, only to have
> AntiSpam "abort on data transfer in user tests" or something similar -
> I can't capture the message as the thing is one of those boxes that
> pops up 10 times a second and can't be "ok'd".

Drat. That sounds like the known 'Abort on data transfer' problem
mentioned in the manual. I've never been able to get to the bottom of
that, because it seems to originate somewhere inside the Shared C
Library.

> If it's ok with you I think that when we get back I'll re-install
> AntiSpam and see where we go from there.

I'm not sure that's necessary. The abort problem was never fixable by
reinstalling and if we don't know what setting might be causing the
original issue, there's a good chance you'll end up exactly where you
are now.

Taking a good look at the Settings and Rules files first may be a better
approach.

Regards,
Frank