[antispam-f] Re: Odd 'From' address

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:30:29 +0100

On 31 Jan 2007 as I do recall,
          Rosemary Miskin - lists wrote:

> I've been getting a lot of spam just lately with a single quote mark in the
> address - things like  <aspectsAnabaptist's@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
>
> I've never seen that in a known-to-be-valid address - is it guarnateed to be
> invalid, and so safe to add to the DeleteFrom list?

In my experience all these also contain the hex code "6c822ecf" within
the Message-id that someone pointed out to me some months ago:
deleting on the presence of *both* ought to be quite safe, e.g.

Delete Message-Id: = *6c822ecf*
And From: = *'*

The messages in question also tend to have a single quote mark in the
Message-id itself, which again I would have thought to be a sure sign of
spam generated by this particular bot/virus:

  From: "Clayton Hoover" <uncontaminatedcarnivore's@xxxxxxxxxxx>

--
H. Bazley

When you breathe you inspire;  when you do not breathe, you expire.