[antispam-f] Re: Next version of AntiSpam coming up

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:20:03 +0200

In article <4f8f9fece7lists@xxxxxxxx>,
   lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 13 Apr, Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <4f8f225586lists@xxxxxxxx>,
> >    lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Could you allow us to put the marking window to the back while
> > > it's working? We can after all access the marking window from the
> > > iconbar.

> > > If I'm doing something else when AS does a fetch the marking
> > > window pops up and cramps my style.

> > Have you tried running AS with the 'Open Marking window after run'
> > option (Choices window, Scan frame) off?

> Thanks. Just tried that, and it's useful enough. But I'd prefer
> Choices Scan to have the additional option 'Open Marking window after
> fetch (or run) completed', which is what I mistakenly understood by
> 'Open Marking window after run'.

Not mistakenly, that's what it does. With the 'Open Marking window...'
option set, the window won't open until the program goes back to 'Idle'.
Provided it's closed to start with, that is. And then it won't open if
there's nothing to mark. I find that's the best way to use it myself.

Depending on the 'Manipulate...' settings, it will 'jump to front' after
each box if it's already open and close after the last one if there's
nothing to mark. That's probably what you've been seeing.

We could easily change this behaviour so it would stay where it is, i.e.
behind whatever you're doing. Not sure how that would be more useful
than keeping the window closed to start with, though. After the last box
it would still close if there was nothing to mark and jump to front if
there was.

You could try this out yourself by changing all the occurrences of
PROCshow_ID(). Add a second parameter to each of them:

 Line 918  :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%,TRUE)
 Line 955  :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%+1+2*(bs%=1),TRUE)
 Line 1367 :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%+N%,TRUE)
 Line 1460 :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%,TRUE)
 Line 1509 :   PROCshow_ID(TRUE,TRUE)
 Line 4720 :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%+1,TRUE)
 Line 4851 :   PROCshow_ID(FALSE,FALSE)
 Line 4854 :   PROCshow_ID(FALSE,FALSE)

Then change line 4668 so there's a second argument in the definition:

 DEF  PROCshow_ID(M%,U%)  <don't forget the rest of the line here...>

And finally split line 4695 (ma%!28=TRUE : SYS &400C5,,ma%) into:

 IF U% ma%!28=TRUE
 SYS &400C5,,ma%

Resave Source, run !Crunch, etc.

> Oh and another request. Can you get AS to generate a blacklist for
> subjects as well as domains and addresses?

This has come up at least twice before and I'm sorry, but I'm still not
convinced that's useful. Using the full Subject header to filter on just
isn't.

Regards,
Frank