[antispam-f] Re: Next version of AntiSpam coming up

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:47:18 +0200

In article <2008f57bcf8f4f.Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In a recent message  Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <4f8f9fece7lists@xxxxxxxx>, lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> > > Oh and another request. Can you get AS to generate a blacklist for
> > > subjects as well as domains and addresses?

> > This has come up at least twice before and I'm sorry, but I'm still
> > not convinced that's useful. Using the full Subject header to filter
> > on just isn't.

> I'd like a feature like that, but agree that the full Subject header
> is not a good criterion.  Most of my subject blacklist comprises just
> words or phrases that seem, to me, to appear most frequently.

That's what I meant. You would need to edit the list file manually
anyway. I know, that's people's own reponsibility, but it just doesn't
feel right to add an option that's just asking to be used the wrong way.

It should be possible to specify, from the Marking window itself, which
part of the subject string was to be copied to the list file. I'll have
to figure out the best way to do that, when the icon involved may
occasionally be too small for the full text to be displayed. Anything
I'd come up with would most likely interfere with the solution I've just
implemented for that 'problem' as such... :-(

No promises.

Regards,
Frank