[antispam-f] Re: Next version of AntiSpam coming up

  • From: "lists (ww)" <lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:46:13 +1200

On 14 Apr, Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4f8f9fece7lists@xxxxxxxx>,
>    lists (ww) <lists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 13 Apr, Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Have you tried running AS with the 'Open Marking window after
> > > run' option (Choices window, Scan frame) off?
> > Thanks. Just tried that, and it's useful enough. But I'd prefer
> > Choices Scan to have the additional option 'Open Marking window
> > after fetch (or run) completed', which is what I mistakenly
> > understood by 'Open Marking window after run'.
> Not mistakenly, that's what it does. With the 'Open Marking
> window...' option set, the window won't open until the program goes
> back to 'Idle'. Provided it's closed to start with, that is. And
> then it won't open if there's nothing to mark. I find that's the
> best way to use it myself.

Hmmm. Mine opens and stays on top, even when I put it to the back,
another email box fetch will bring it forward ... etc ... till all 10
boxes are fetched.

> Depending on the 'Manipulate...' settings, it will 'jump to front'
> after each box if it's already open and close after the last one if
> there's nothing to mark. That's probably what you've been seeing.

Yes. Here's what I have set in Choices.Scan:

tick   Manipulate defaulted messages after retrieval
tick   manipulate diverted ...
untick Open Marking window after run.

Ahah.

Trying this:

untick Manipulate defaulted messages after retrieval
untick manipulate diverted ...
tick   Open Marking window after run.

> We could easily change this behaviour so it would stay where it is,
> i.e. behind whatever you're doing. Not sure how that would be more
> useful than keeping the window closed to start with, though. After
> the last box it would still close if there was nothing to mark and
> jump to front if there was.

Thatd be fine.

> You could try this out yourself by changing all the occurrences of
> PROCshow_ID(). Add a second parameter to each of them:

No I couldn't. Sorry. Somewhat beyond me.

>  Line 918  :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%,TRUE)
>  Line 955  :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%+1+2*(bs%=1),TRUE)
>  Line 1367 :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%+N%,TRUE)
>  Line 1460 :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%,TRUE)
>  Line 1509 :   PROCshow_ID(TRUE,TRUE)
>  Line 4720 :   PROCshow_ID(mCurrent%+1,TRUE)
>  Line 4851 :   PROCshow_ID(FALSE,FALSE)
>  Line 4854 :   PROCshow_ID(FALSE,FALSE)

> Then change line 4668 so there's a second argument in the definition:

>  DEF  PROCshow_ID(M%,U%)  <don't forget the rest of the line here...>

> And finally split line 4695 (ma%!28=TRUE : SYS &400C5,,ma%) into:

>  IF U% ma%!28=TRUE
>  SYS &400C5,,ma%

> Resave Source, run !Crunch, etc.

Brian