[antispam-f] Re: Next version of AntiSpam coming up

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:57:18 GMT

On 25 Oct 2008 Jeremy Nicoll - freelists wrote:

> Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I normally open the progress window when I start up the computer as
>> there are likely to be a large number of messages to process.

>> I accept that if I were fetching from several mailboxes it would still be
>> difficult to see the final stats for any except the last.

> Frank's Progress window might be different from the one I was using when I
> first invented the Summary window, but when I added the Summary window, the
> whole point of that was that it would display summary info for all boxes
> processed in the most recent scan (using nudge arrows to move from one box's
> summary to another).  Does Frank's version not offer the same facility?

The Progress window is different from the Summary window. It displays
messages as they are progressed, and accumulates counts for each
result (accepted, diverted, etc). The problem is that all the values
are cleared immediately after the last message has been read, so it's
almost impossible to read the totals. The window itself remains on the
screen for several more seconds while the messages are being
processed. All I am asking is for the icons to be cleared before
starting a mailbox and not at the end.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/