[antispam-f] Re: Long header abort

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:31:53 +0000 (GMT)

On 17 Dec, Martin <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Using 1.59.4 I have just had 'fun' trying to download an email, as it
> made AS disappear without trace.

> Upon investigation, the log files showed

>     Too many header lines
>     17 Dec 11:28:54 040 Internal error: abort on data transfer at
>                         &FC181C74 at line 1991

> And, sure enough, when I used TapirMail to look at the email, the header
> was eeeeeenormous. The ***** who sent it had included about 1,000
> addresses in the To: field. And yes, I have pointed out the error of
> their ways to them.

> I have no problem with AS refusing to download such a stupid email, but I
> suspect it should not then Abort on data Transfer and disappear?!

I had a similar situation about a month or so back, where the other half
got mail from a dimwit who created a mail list by simply dropping a list of
all the addresses into the to: field

I pointed out the problems it was causing and Christine promptly sent them
a strop-o-gram (she's nice like that :-)
The reply was an apology and said that other (Windows user) people had had
problems with that mail...

--

Steve Pampling