[antispam-f] Re: Logging deferred messages

  • From: Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:13:13 +0000 (GMT)

On 30 Nov, in article
<gemini.jsan6f0076ecz02wk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On 29 Nov, in article
> > <gemini.jsa5uw00313p402ng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >   Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Well the first bit, making log files small is easy to organise.  It
> > > just needs you to run a small program every so often that hives off
> > > the existing log to somewhere else.  Subsequently you can manually
> > > (or automatically) delete very old logs, eg all those collected > 60
> > > days ago.
> >
> > Erm, how can I put this? If you are offering a small program or
> > offering comprehensive instructions on producing one then it's
> > possible, otherwise I'm way out of my depth :-)

> <confessiontime> I ran all this stuff on my real RPC when I used a
> dial-up connection and used AS all the time.  Now I use VRPC and a
> broadband link and tackle a lot of spam in a different way.  I'll need to
> poke around on the real RPC to find the programs I used to use.  I'll
> email you in a few days. </>

Many thanks.

> > > As to the StrongED stuff, there's no point in going there if you
> > > don't already use StrongED because it's too big a learning curve.
> > > But some of the rest is possible.  What editor do you use?
> >
> > Zap.

> I know Zap's also customisable, but have never used it.  I seem to
> remember that defining new modes (or whatever Zap calls them) requires
> assembling definition files, whereas SE just reads plain-text definitions.

> Does Zap have an equivalent of StrongED's "List Of Found" where when you
> ask SE to find all the lines of a file containing some value, it produces
> another window with that list in it?  In SE you can then click on entries
> in the list of found items window and have the main edit window shift to
> show them.  I would be surprised if Zap doesn't have an equivalent...

Probably... I've really only just scratched the surface of what Zap can do.
I got into using it rather than StrongEd because StrongEd constantly
crashed my RPC (no, I don't know why) so stuck with it on the Iyonix.

> Without getting 'into' it too much, is it possible in Zap, do you know,
> to define toolbar buttons with predefined search criteria associated with
> them?

> (I could ask elsewhere.)

That might be best. We are well into the zone where my comment about being
way out of my depth applies.

--

Tricia

On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.