[antispam-f] List wildcards

  • From: Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:29:58 GMT

I have just started to try using wildcards in my Lists.   The first
attempt, trialled by deferring and now adopted, has produced 9 hits in
24 hours.  Not many you may think, but these are all ones that escaped
other rules.  I'm not claiming that the spam may not have been
collected by another rule, my log shows many instances of spam that
would have been trapped by 2 or more rules.

This list entry is one of the strangest looking that I have produced.
The spam that I tried to catch had "Subject: Re[n] *" (n being a
single digit), there have been plenty of these over the last year, or
so.  The entry is 're[**{1}]' please RTFM to see how I got to this.
Sitting in my 'DeleteSubject' list it has already earned its place :-)

--
Dave
Keep GMT all year