[antispam-f] Re: How to lose lots of e-mail

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:12:25 +0100

On 24 Dec 2006 as I do recall,
          Harriet Bazley wrote:

> How to lose lots of e-mail:   move your copy of AntiSpam and its choices
> from a computer using POPStar to one using Hermes, without remembering
> to update the settings inside AntiSpam.   :-(

[snip]

> Any ideas as to where else it could have gone?   I'm assuming it's
> probably lost for good.

The good news is that - to my considerable puzzlement - while the
messages logged as deleted spam were indeed deleted from the server, all
the messages logged as being downloaded were still present at the next
fetch;  so nothing lost.   I suppose it must all depend at what stage
AntiSpam fails to write to file....   :-)

--
H. Bazley

A poor workman blames his tools.