[antispam-f] Re: Fake future dates

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 04:45:52 +0100

On 29 Oct 2006 as I do recall,
          Harriet Bazley wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2006 as I do recall,
>           Mark J wrote:

[snip]

> > I've had spam with no "day," in the Date line, which might mess things
> > up somewhat :-(
> >
> Well, if you can't predict the Date format (which I believe is actually
> laid down in an RFC somewhere) things get rather difficult.   :-(

Hang on, what happened to my e-mail?!

What I actually went on to write was that it was easy enough to trap one
*specific* variant:

excess%=3
REM number of days into future we will accept e-mail from(!)
IF INSTR(d$,",") THEN date$= MID$(d$,6,11) ELSE date$=LEFT$(d$,11)
REM dd mmm yyyy
[...]
--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.