[antispam-f] Re: Error on start-up

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 21:55:07 GMT

On 5 Feb 2011 as I do recall,
          Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists  wrote:

> Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I often see a WIMP error box from AntiSpam (run on start-up) reporting
> > the version of BASIC:   I believe this is the result of issuing an ERROR
> > -1 command or something similar, but can't for the life of me locate a
> > manual that will specify....
> >
> > After clicking OK I find that AntiSpam then runs normally, but obviously
> > the computer hangs up entirely until the error box is dismissed.
> >
> > What could be causing this - boot-up order problems?
>
> assuming you run reporter from the start of boot, look for errors, and keep
> the logs for good and bad days.
>
> It might be useful to put a *reporttrace (or whatever) into the start of AS,
> which of course will slow its start down, but might help find out whether it
> always happens before AS really starts, or further in and where - and if
> it's always at the same point.

Looks like a problem with the IDs file.

Trace @ PROCcheck_IDs
Trace @  PROCidsError
Trace @   PROCclose
Trace @   ENDPROC
Trace @   FNoT
Trace @   ENDFN

[snip many]

Trace @   FNoT
Trace @   ENDFN
Trace @   PROCreport
Trace @    FNleaf
Trace @    ENDFN
Trace @    PROCwimp_report
Trace @    ¦PROCaLog
Trace @    ¦ENDPROC
21:42:39.10 ** WimpError ** from AntiSpam
  Error  : &00000000
  Message: Error 'ARM BBC BASIC V version 1.44 (C) Acorn 1989
Trace @    ENDPROC
Trace @   ENDPROC
Trace @  ENDPROC

And I seem to have IDs-0000 to 00015 in AntiSpam's Choices directory,
which suggests that a lot of renaming has indeed been going on.
I can't work out yet why the application is sometimes objecting to the
file and sometimes not, though - or why I'm getting this weird message
instead of the "IDs file corrupted?" one that it looks as if I ought to
be getting at this point....

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Mate, this parrot wouldn't VOOM if you put four million volts through it!