[antispam-f] Re: Error numbers

  • From: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:06:50 +0100

mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I occasionally get  "Error number 60" and "Error number 51" but I have
> never seen an interpretation of them. Can someone let me know what they
> indicate, please? They cropped up quite regularly when I was having
> connection problems on PlusNet but I never knew exactly what they meant.

 60  is a timeout
 61  is connection refused
 65  is no route to host

 51  - did you mean 61?

All of these are errors when AntiSpam is trying to establish a connection with
a POP3 server.  The ones I've listed are those most likely when a
correctly-working program has a problem caused by the underlying connection (in
your network or further away) or at the distant server itself.  Other error
codes are more likely to be seen when the AntiSpam developer is trying to get
the code right in the first place - there's little point in me telling you what
they