[antispam-f] Re: Division by zero

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:16:24 +0100

On 30 Jun, Frank de Bruijn wrote:

> In article <c8687e2f51.Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Howlett
> <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 30 Jun 13:56:32 030 Division by zero at line 2540 at line 2540

> Weird. Only actually downloading a message with zero length could cause
> this error. Now how would that happen?

Actually, that may be the case.

> Does the mailbox log show anything useful?

It shows a message being accepted after clicking "Accept" on a
deferred message, then the same message being deferred again. The
message wasn't matching any accept or delete rules, except rule 0. I
have a divert rule near the end of my rules file which was constantly
catching the message:

Divert Message-Id: = *

but surely when clicking "Accept" the message should be downloaded?

> Maybe a particular combination of settings is responsible. Could you
> send me a copy of your Settings file (off list), please? Make sure to
> remove the usernames and passwords first.

I was sending the email to myself - it was a reply I sent from
webmail, and as I am in the process of changing ISP I needed a copy to
put in Messenger's sent items, so was forwarding the original reply
from webmail to myself. I've now managed to extract a copy, so the
message is now deleted, and the problem has gone away for now.

I'll report back if it happens again.
--
Brian Howlett
Mobile phones - the only topic of discussion where men boast about