[antispam-f] Delete Weight

  • From: Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:01:50 +0100

With the new Marking window in v1.61 I see that the Defer rule is
reported.  This is a welcome development which has already caused me
to change a Delete Weight rule.  Over recent months I have made
decrements to the level at which I deleted, starting at >30 and
reducing in steps to >15 with no false positives.  So successful has
it been that I have also raised the priority, perhaps unwisely, to the
top of the rules file; it now catches at least 50% of the spam.  I
have a catch-all Defer at >5.

To try and see if it was reasonable to lower the Delete level further,
I added a series of Defer Weight rules covering >14, >13 and so on.
The new Marking window showed that most were caught at >14 and >9 and
not at other levels.  That allowed me to change the Delete level to
>14 with reasonable confidence; I am not yet convinced that >9 is
safe.  This coincidence of Weights causes me to wonder if the Block
Lists are each checking spam sources and not just copying from each
other

These changes have meant that I am no longer chasing new Subject: and
From: headers, Weight is effectively doing it for me.   Reducing the
number of rules to little more than black and white lists now seems
possible.

--
Dave
Keep GMT all year