[antispam-f] Deferred message problem

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 12:06:19 +0200

On 10 Jun 2009 I wrote:
> The interesting bit here is the rule number (1) and the fact the
> message was deferred because of its length. Harriet reported
> something similar in her message of 7 October (the first one to the
> list after FreeLists borked my subscription). I'll investigate.

Actually, it has nothing to do with either the rule number or the length
test. It's a bug that shows up if the message contains an overly long
header line which isn't folded properly so AntiSpam breaks it up into
253 byte pieces. If any of those pieces ends up starting with a colon,
things go funny... 8-(

I'll get a bug fix release out as soon as possible, but for those who
can't wait, here's a quick fix for AntiSpam 1.61.1:

 - load the BASIC file !AntiSpam.Resources.Source in an editor;
 - locate line 3615 in the procedure PROCtest (that is the line that
   starts with 'IF body% k$="BODY"');
 - change this line to (all on one line!):
     IF body% k$="BODY" ELSE C%=INSTR(h$,":") : IF ASCh$<>32 IF
     ASCh$<>9 IFC%>2 k$=FNlcase(LEFT$(h$,C%-1)) ELSE C%=0
 - save Source;
 - run !AntiSpam.Resources.!Crunch;
 - restart AntiSpam.

If you don't use the user test keyword_all_caps that should do it. If
you do use this user test, disable it until AntiSpam 1.61.2 is
available.

Regards,
Frank