[antispam-f] Re: Chaining Hermes

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:22:42 +0000

Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a recent message           Steven Pampling
> <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 08 Mar, Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> ??
>
> > I'm sorry, are you claiming to be a windows user?
>
> No! Certainly not!  I am claiming to support RISC OS developers.  And
> do you?

Yes, Steve does; he is one.

I think his point is that, for some reason, you're abandoning AntiSpam's
versatile (and free) spam filtering for that provided in Hermes (which I
assume is less versatile if only because it's been under development for
less time), and it costs money.  We're just not exactly sure why anyone
would do that... unless they've been impressed by the vendor's adverts?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own