[antispam-f] Re: Chaining Hermes

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 20:35:29 +0000 (GMT)

On 06 Mar, Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I used to have AS working with PopStar and SpamStamp to cut out most
> > of the Spam, but I have not yet worked out how to do this with Hermes.
> > ATM I have to run AS twice to kill most of the Spam before fetching
> > with Hermes.
> >
> > It will have been covered here before, but how do I do it?

> WHY are you doing it this way?

It's a feature of people believing the PR from the provider (vendor)

People remain unconvinced that something that is free can work anywhere
near as well as something they paid for.
This in some respects explains why Windows has more supporters than Linux.
(Most of the other aspects revolve around inability to use brain cells.)

--

Steve Pampling