[antispam-f] Re: Chaining Hermes

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.flists.73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:07:26 +0000

Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I used to have AS working with PopStar and SpamStamp to cut out most
> of the Spam, but I have not yet worked out how to do this with Hermes.
> ATM I have to run AS twice to kill most of the Spam before fetching
> with Hermes.
>
> It will have been covered here before, but how do I do it?

WHY are you doing it this way?

If you scan a mailbox with AS then fetch with something else you'll always
end up fetching any spam that arrived in the mailbox after the start of the
scan that AS did.  Why not have AS do the fetching as well?  Then the file
of downloaded mails that AS creates can (if you want) be passed through
SpamStamp, and finally imported by your mail client.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own