[antispam-f] Re: Broken pipe in lists

  • From: Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:25:31 GMT

In a recent message           Steven Pampling
<steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26 Dec, Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
>> Fine if you are testing From:   I was testing Received: , this is much
>> less susceptible to spoofing as it is under the control of the isp's
>> servers.
>
> Same principle, different character -->  use ".mx ("
>
> Although when you are testing the received: the best ones to test for are
> the IP addresses and a list of the top offenders can be derived from
> www.spamhaus.org
> and the latest 25 entries are at: http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/latest.lasso

I had thought that that would be a good idea but a bit difficult to
pick the best targets and they move quickly.  The Spamhaus lists are
an excellent way of confirming suspicions, thanks for the links.  A
couple of their top 10 isp's are in my delete list already.  Verizon,
Comcast and various flavours of Bell are in my sights but I am
reluctant to list them as they carry ham too.

--
Dave
Keep GMT all year