[antispam-f] Re: Blank lines in headers

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:34:53 +0200

In article <4e1ef1a231Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 [snip]

> However it's probably significant that when AS is testing headers it
> looks for that blank line to mark the end of the headers, during a
> download it looks for the 5-character sequence:

> <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>

> which means that it just skips past blank lines even if there's more
> of those than should strictly speaking be in the headers.

Actually, when testing, AntiSpam will continue to read lines until the
dot sequence. It just won't test any lines following a blank line unless
BodyTextLines is zero or - if it isn't - BodyTextAsHeader is on.

Richard's AntiSpam has BodyTextLines 10 and BodyTextAsHeader off (at
least it did when we discussed this issue earlier), so that explains why
the spurious blank line is a problem. What it doesn't explain is the
blank line itself.

Regards,
Frank