[antispam-f] Re: AntiSpam 1.59

  • From: Stuart Painting <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:53:50 GMT

Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <05aa59854e.Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Mark J <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>     449 Delete date: > 3
>>     Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:20:05 GMT
>>     From: Chris Hughes <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Invalid date/time formats. GMT is not a valid time zone offset,
> according to RFC 2822. The +0000 should be specified.

The previous standard (RFC822 as amended by section 5 of RFC1123)
allowed the time zone name without an offset. RFC2822 was issued in
April 2001, so it is "only" 5 years old: there is a good chance that
software conforming to the older standard will still be in use.

I've just checked the headers of this message and it looks like
Messenger Pro v3 is one of the "guilty" pieces of software. Maybe I
ought to upgrade to MPro v4 after all...