[antispam-f] Re: AS crashing at startup

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:51:19 +0200

In article <54c7e3e74e.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fortunately this doesn't happen very often, but very occasionally I
> find that AntiSpam is missing after I've started up the computer. This
> morning I checked the log and found:

> 24 May 07:50:06 040 Internal error: abort on data transfer at
> &0224D194 in "UserTests  1.52  11-07-2004" at line 225

Although this address doesn't really suggest the Shared C Library, it
still looks like the problem mentioned first on the 'Known problems...'
page in the StrongHelp manual: 'Abort on data transfer in the last line
of the program'. I still haven't been able to reproduce this error,
which makes tracking and fixing it somewhat difficult.

Does the Where utility provide anything useful, i.e. anything other than
'Address 0224D194 is not in any module'?

> The mailbox log repeats the same diagnostic after the "Commencing"
> line.

If you run AntiSpam with its log level set to 'both' and this shows up
in the log even before the first +OK, then it's definitely this known
problem.

> I haven't modified UserTests. Line 225 is the last line (=FALSE).
> Rerunning AntiSpam was successful.

As you mention starting up the computer, I assume you have AntiSpam
started automatically. Using Run in the Boot configuration? How far 'up'
is it, i.e. is it one of the first to run? Does anything starting before
it load the Castle SCL?

Regards,
Frank