[antispam-f] Re: ARMv7 compatibility?

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:18:23 +0200

In article <3965cc7a52.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm asking this here because I've been unable to find any mention of
> it elsewhere.  (The ROOL compatibility guide does list AntiSpam, but
> version 1.18!)

Good grief. Did ROOL even exist when that was current?

> Are there people using AntiSpam on the BeagleBoard on a regular basis,
> and does everything work correctly?

> I'm probably being unduly worried, but I couldn't find an entry in
> AntiSpam's version history which advertised it as being ARMv7
> compatible at all, so I'd rather check before trying.

It's mainly BASIC with some assembler support stuff. I remember changing
one routine for the supporting NSQ module (LoadUnalignedWord - something
Wilco Dijkstra came up with) to clear the two bottom bits of the base
register before doing an LDMIA. Other than that, I've never been in the
habit of using unaligned word loads/stores in my code.

Regards,
Frank