[angelscript] Version 1.8.0 final

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "angelscript" <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:31:32 -0300

Dear subscribers,
I've finally decided to release version 1.8.0. Lot's of things have been done
for this version. Let's see if I can give a summary of them here:

  a.. There is no longer a built in bstr type. Instead the application needs to
register its own type. This change was made to add flexibility in how strings
are passed between script and application and vice versa. For those who have
come acustomed to the bstr type I've made a small library for registering that
type with complete compatibility.
  b.. It is now possible to overload compound assignment operators as well.
  c.. Scripts can now be compiled into separate modules, each with their own
namespace. This is especially useful if you have two scripts with the same
interface but different implementations, e.g. AI routines for different types
of entities.
  d.. The STDCALL calling convention is now supported as well, which means that
Win32 API functions can be registered directly with the library.
  e.. It is now possible to enumerate and access global variables declared in
the scripts. This could for example be used for saving script states.
  f.. The interface for registering functions and methods have changed slightly
in preparation of improvements coming in version 1.8.1.
Other changes you'll find in the change log as usual.

I'll spend the following days updating the articles to conform to the new
version.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript

AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/