[angelscript] AngelScript 1.7.0 beta 4 (now with zlib license)

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "angelscript" <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:33:57 -0300

Dear subscribers,
this time I have what I hope is great news for all of you. I've decided to
exchange the licensing form from LGPL to the zlib license, which means you are
now free to statically link with the AngelCode Scripting Library without having
to open source your own projects. I still would like a some credit in your
projects for using the library though.

That aside, I've also fixed the last missing points in the library before the
final release. Namely:

a.. When finding the matching overloaded function, a conversion between signed
and unsigned integers are given priority over conversion between integer and
float (thanks Andrew "Desdemona" Wright)
a.. bug fix: A pointer with an assignment behaviour can now be assigned a null
pointer.

I will now take some time to update the manual for the real 1.7.0 release, and
fix any bugs that might arise.

When that is finished I will move on to version 1.7.1 which will support the
different flags for the ExecuteStep() method. And after that I will bring in
the concept of modules in version 1.8.0, which will allow applications to
compile parts of the scripts under different namespaces, and also recompile the
modules individually without affecting contexts running code from other modules.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript
www.AngelCode.com
AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
http://www.angelcode.com/forums/