[angelscript] AngelScript 1.7.0 beta 2

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:15:28 -0300

Dear subscribers,
I've released the second beta of version 1.7.0. Changes for this version are:

1) ExecuteString() has a new parameter, a flag that can be either 0 or
asEXECSTRING_ONLY_PREPARE. With asEXECSTRING_ONLY_PREPARE ExecuteString()
compiles the string and prepares the context but doesn't execute it. To execute
the string the application must use GetContextForExecuteString() and then call
Execute() or ExecuteStep() on the context received. (thanks goes to Andrew
"Desdemona" Wright for that idea)

2) ExecuteString() can now access global variables declared in the script.

3) I've transformed global script constants into read-only global script
variables. This simplified the code a lot, however it may bring some
compilation errors to your scripts in case you use global constants to
initialize other global constants or variables. This also means that the
compiler is no longer able to optimize operations with these global constants.

I will redo the broken funcionality before the final release, but I think you
would be interested in this interim release anyway because of the added
funcionality.

Regards,
Andreas Jönsson
Author of AngelScript
www.AngelCode.com

AngelScript - AngelCode Scripting Library
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/