[amstereo-dmf] This Just In - Antitrust Lawsuit Filed Against Sirius XM 12-7-09

  • From: David Mitchell <davidm44509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amstereo-dmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:30:12 -0500

A subscriber filed an antitrust lawsuit against Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI)
on Monday, alleging the merger of Sirius and XM last year created an abusive
monopoly that has raised prices "above competitive levels."

Here are a couple of links to read the story:

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/did-the-sirius-xm-merger-create-an-abusive-monopoly-this-lawsuit-claims-it-does.html#more

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091207-714212.html

It was just a matter of time and I for one will be more than happy to join
the lawsuit. I dumped the service in May of this year after being a
subscriber for 5 years because of the price increases and horrible
programming that came with the merger. For me it just doesn't make sense to
pay for a service that gives me the exact same music I can get for free on
terrestial radio.

Dave in Snowy OH