[amstereo-dmf] Re: Sony XDR F!HD

  • From: David Mitchell <davidm44509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amstereo-dmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:08:04 -0500

I have looked for a list and haven't been able to find one. I have read that
there are a number of receivers that will decode both IBOC and C-QUAM. From
my experience I know the RS Accurian and Sangean HDT-1 and HDT-1x decode
both while the Sony XDR-F1HD and Boston Acoustics Receptor HD radio do not.
My brother bought a JVC radio for his truck that has HD but it has one of
those "T" shaped antennas in the windshield and I haven't been able to get
enough of a signal from WLS, CFCO or KCJJ to tell if it decodes C-QUAM.

Best Buy sells a Insignia HD Tuner that looks almost identical to the
Sangean HDT-1x but I haven't heard if it will decode AM Stereo like the
Sangeans do (
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23174%3B+-+HD+Radio+Stand-Alone+Tuner+-+Black/8910315.p?id=1217633559969&skuId=8910315&st=insigniahd
tuner&cp=1&lp=1)

My experience with HD radios that also receive C-QUAM have been the same as
Powell's. While they receive C-QUAM, the bandwidth does not seem to open up
like my Delco AM Stereo/FM Stereo receivers when receiving an AM Stereo
signal.

Dave in OH