[amstereo-dmf] Re: Sony XDR F!HD

  • From: "Dennis M. Falk" <quozl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amstereo-dmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:38:29 -0700

On Sep 18, 2009, at 9:03 AM, Dave wrote:

Recently bought one of these for FMDX reasons...

I knew before I brought one but still amazed by the selectivity and sensitiviy on FM. Even weak hissy FM stations give no hiis at all with me using the XDR so some sort of DSP filtering has been added I guess ? Anyone explain why it just is so good ?

DSP, probably.

I have two HD receivers- Radiosophy HD101.1 and Insignia (Best Buy) NS-HD01 (the first pocket HD receiver, and cheapest HD receiver yet)- Both are excellent receivers, both on sensitivity and selectivity, with decent sound. Neither HD station locally is functioning properly (just the ID tag-- This is NOT a problem with either receiver, as I took the Radiosophy with me on a trip to LA, and the HD worked PERFECTLY-- Actually, the HD2/HD3 channels worked BETTER than the HD1 main channels!- I didn't have the Insignia at the time, althoughj it was on order), but the RDS worked as advertised, and FM gave great sound... :)

(I'd definitely recommend both radios.)

BTW, I can confirm, although surprisingly both stations in question were weak in the hotel I was in in downtown LA, that KNX 1070 and KDIS 1110 are HD stereo- The only stereo AM-HD stations in LA.

Just wish we had HD radio in the UK at least on FM

Not sure I'd want to comment on this....

How are sales of DAB+ radios going in Oz Ian btw ?!

I don't have a current address for Ian- His Optus address- The last one I had, is bouncing.

d.m.f.

--
dmf's AM Stereo List - AM stereo and more!
List address: amstereo-dmf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx