[amod] Fwd: AOForums:The Coolest Hardware I've Ever Seen!

  • From: Chris Fraser <argo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:30:45 -0400

From: Chris Fraser <argo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: aomod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: AOForums:The Coolest Hardware I've Ever Seen!
Date: 6/19/2002 3:09:22 PM

Greetings all,
I page mailed Kent, as he was online at the time, and redrumloa, one of the
forum moderators,
early this morning about a new topic in the forums.
http://amiga.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1461&forum=1 The second
message in the
forum was from the originator of the topic, he had just made the link he posted
in the original
message clickable and linked in the short video clip the link connected to. I
had no problem
with the linking of the url. My concern was the visible video clip. If I
remember correctly, it
is from an old Amiga Art contest "Show us Your Boing Balls" best display of
Amiga Spirit won.
One entry was a short video clip of a topless woman with her breast painted
like boing balls
dancing around and at the end flipping off the camera. My objection was the
last little bit
where she flipped off the camera. We don't tolerate that in words so why should
it be tolerated
visually. It should be censored too. The rest of the clip is borderline nudity
depending on who
you talk to in the states and depending where you are. The rest of the world is
not quite so up
tight about nudity. Irregardless of that, depending on the person they may be
offended. Not to
mention the young users we have and the child laws in the states.
The thing is I found this to be a grey and questionable area. Slightly less so,
if you think
about the fact that some of our users are under 18yrs and in the states plus
the people that
read the site from the workplace. There is no Amiga.or AUP listed on the site.
There is a Terms
of Service listed under .info in the System submenu, but it's not an active
link.
--
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The
occasion is piled high
Remarks, December 1, 1862

                           -
President Abraham Lincoln