[AMHSO] { software & downloads }

  • From: "Martin Schneider" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amhso@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:01:01 +0100 (CET)

Dear Alife-Mutants,

Some of you encountered problems when trying to download the software
using the links I have send you...

{ downloading NKS-Explorer }

I have distributed the 2nd bunch of download links for NKS-explorer last
week, but it turned out that some of the links have already expired.

I just talked to Sunita Harris from Wolfram Research on the phone and
clarified a few things :) They will change the expiration date, so you
should be able to download the links later today or tomorrow. Sorry for
any inconvenience.

{ Mathematica }

The NKS-Explorer-Kit that is available for download goes with Version 4.2
of Mathematica. For compatibility reasons we might therefor rather use
Mathematica 4.2 than 5.0.

{ Mathematica : International}

We have obtained the Installation Media from Wolfram Research, and will
help you install it on your computers when you arrive at Haus Neuland.

{ Mathematica : Osnabrück }

We will arrange a meeting for those of you living in and around Osnabrück,
so you can install thw software prior to the workshop!
This is obligatory for Linux-users since we need the assistance of
Wolfram-Research to generate tha Mathematica keycode.
(They'll only be available at the weekend in emergency cases)

{ Expiration of the Software }

The NKS-Explorer Kit may be used until April 1st. Since this is a bit
short I asked Wolfram Research to extend the usage period of Mathematica
to the 1st of May. Thus you still have six weeks left after the workshop
is over to finish and brush up your projects.

If you encounter any further problems please notify me,
Thanks!

Martin