[AMHSO] { adapters for your notebooks }

  • From: "Martin Schneider" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amhso@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 01:38:09 +0100 (CET)

Dear notebookers and laptoppers,

Thanks to Abdiel for reminding me of the plug issue!
This is important for all of you that have strange plugs and sockets at
home -- strange meaning different from ours of course :-)

{german power outlets/plugs }
In Germany it is 220V, 50Hz, and the plug looks like o o
The distance between o and o may also be of importance ;-)

{ adapter specifications }
There is a really great website where you can download pdf's
giving the exact dimensions of any plug/adapter you can think of!
http://www.internationalconfig.com/

{ be prepared }
Please make sure you got the right adapters before coming to Germany -
there is no radio store or the like for miles around Haus Neuland!
You might be able to get Adapter-Plugs (but probably no voltage
transformers) at Frankfort Airport, but you should'nt rely on that too
heavily...

Cheers,
Martin

p.s.
Alternatively you might bring 20 notebook batteries or a an inflatable
power plant. (Don't rely on solar energy, it's a winter workshop)