[amen] Russia: Alexander Men and Hosanna Distribution. a trailer for a film+ coverage of meeting in mosocw.

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:56:45 -0800 (PST)

Friends,
I am back from Russia and have two things to share immediately.
1) First received today is a trailer for a film a young california director
friend, Dmitry Trakovsky, is making. It is called ARCTIC CROSS and
will focus on the faith of native people in  Alaska and their whole world
today...
enjoy!  and all comments welcome (ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0513-DHBvVw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

2)

secondly from Moscow a report from a news service website on a talk
I gave at our Hosanna center in Moscow...

http://www.pravmir.ru/episkop-serafim-sigrist-pravoslavie-eto-prosto-xristianstvo-foto/

the photographs (apart from the speaker ) are a wonderful gallery of faces
aren't they? of people who come to our center...the subject (proposed by people
from the Danielov center for ministry to youth) was Eastern Orthodoxy in the
west and a main theme of mine was that freed from national identification and
burdens of history in the west the church is challenged to be what it is in
essence--what C.S.Lewis called Mere Christianity.

Now beyond this, and of course I will be making more reports from the days
in Russia and our work... this work needs your support. so note the
information following the sign off here which really is important

yours in this work we share
+Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

Donations for HOSANNA to
The Patristic
Society
c.o 320 South
Broadway, Unit P-7
Tarrytown New York 10591
   (all
correspondence to me:  ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or sigrist@xxxxxxxx
)

OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
AND

FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CREDIT CARD OR
BANK ACCOUNT
DONATION.