[amen] English translation of meeting at our Moscow Center+Report on retreat house heating need donations

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:38:04 -0800 (PST)

Friends,
First the talk and question session I gave in Moscow at our Hosanna

"Meeting" Christian Center is now available in English translation with
some photos:

http://www.pravmir.com/bishop-seraphim-sigrist-orthodoxy-is-just-christianity/

the translation is I think good...at a couple of points it slightly read like a

retranslation of english idiomatic expression into a russian equivalent in the
notes being taken, or perhaps it is from a transcription... but it gets it
pretty

well and anyway represents our center at work.

note that they start with giving a different subject than the one "significance
of the presence of the orthodox church in the west" which I addressed...

now

THANKS to those who responded we have collected perhaps over $600 towards
the emergency need (in the range of perhaps $5000, to state the least, to
replace
aged insulation and consequently broken radiators when the heating system failed
at our retreat center in Fr Men's village of Semkhoz)
great gratitude and also the hope that others who have not lately donated to
what we are doing there in Russia in its modest way towards the Christian
future...
will donate now.
perhaps you will?
all needed information after the sign off.
paypal works perfectly and we move the funds immediately into the bank.
thank you dear friends so much,
yours in this work
 we share
+Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

Donations for HOSANNA to
The Patristic
Society
c.o 320 South
Broadway, Unit P-7
Tarrytown New York 10591
   (all
correspondence to me:  ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or sigrist@xxxxxxxx
)

OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
AND
FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CREDIT CARD OR
BANK ACCOUNT DONATION