[amc] future plans

  • From: lesang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:38:10 -0500

Hey,
 I want to let you know what my next move is.

 I am presently in PA staying with my favorite 1st cousins while my uncle Joel
works on the stone on my Mom's house in H'burg. This week (Tues? Wed?) I head
to Austin, Texas with Thabo (going for a wedding) and Thurmond (gonna be a hot
dog in TX -a big transition from cabin/river dog to city/heatstroke dog). We
are going in the car I just bought in H'burg on Tuesday (perfect timing).

That Friday, we (T and I) will close on our Austin house and I will start
renting it from the buyer with Carrie and Holly (Katie has gotten an efficiency
and is currently in the moving process). This was all very unexpected, but looks
to be good timing as well! We are getting a good deal on the house and losing
the hassle of upkeep (which actually Jesse has been doing).

I'm putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping to work as Assistant Manager at
the Austin Ten Thousand Villages store for Oct-Jan. This gives them a chance to
replace the present Assistant Manager quickly (w/ me) and take their time
during the Christmas season looking for someone more permanent. Keep fingers
crossed that the basket does not tip my eggs out.

In January (til May), I'll return to UT for a practicum which will most likely
be CPS (Child Protective Services), though that is still not set. At that point
I'll begin work for CPS wherever in rural Texas that they need a position
filled.

It has been great to be in H'burg during this summer. The cabin has been exactly
what the Doctor ordered and it is nice to run into people I know all over the
place. EMHS was a flexible and good place to work and it was fun to watch the
new building going up. One of the best things was having friends with free
summer schedules (teachers and slackers).

Luckily I'm also looking forward to Austin. I'd forgotten how much I like it
until I visited last week. Things for my move seem to be falling into place
even though this time last week and didn't know where I'd live, work, go to
school or what I'd drive. So, I'm quite happy with my plans.

This does not mean I am happy with UT. I am very UNhappy with them. They
continue to react in ways that baffle and anger me. I do not trust them to act
in my best interest (or even my -OK- interest), but I am stuck with them. I
explored transferring and it just does not make sense! Sigh.... I go into my
next semester with my eyes open to subtle sabatoge (with good reason to believe
this is a possibility). I have decided not to trust them, but also not to fear
them. I know that I can pull off an excellent practicum even if the 'well has
been poisoned."

SO! Texans (& those who live in TX but haven't 'bought the boots')-here I come!
Everyone else-come and visit-see you at Buttonball 2005 on New Year's Eve!!-

Thank you to all of you for the support this last year. It has been a tough one,
but I feel the love and prayers.
Lara

1703 E 16th St.
Austin, TX 78702