[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:56:40 -0600

I pray you are finding joy in the relationships that surround you.

All of us are blessed by the history of persons who have lived before us.
From these we find guidance and counsel in fashioning our own journey,
especially in the testimony of persons whose faith has provided to them
direction and strength as they tried to follow the teaching and example of
Jesus.  Sometimes circumstances associated with their living situations
pressed upon their desire to live consistent with their perception of what
the life of a disciple would look like.  Consequences of living out this
vision brought difficulty and distress which inhibited their capacity to
enjoy life and live in comfort with their families and in their vocations.
Yet the heritage created by these courageous persons serves both to inspire
us also to live intentionally and to embrace the opportunities for witness
in our time.  .And so we pass an inheritance to those who follow behind us.
These thoughts will compose the sermon for this next Sunday, 'Linking
heritage and inheritance.'