[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:48:16 -0500

I pray you are finding inner strength to sustain you as you live your vision
of peaceful presence.

How we perceive the world around us becomes the foundation from which we
engage life and spend ourselves in the quest to discover meaning and
fulfillment.  An individual's view of the world serves as a basis for
proposing not only how the observable universe has been devised but also the
purpose for which it is fashioned.  The current discussion about
'intelligent design' and 'evolutionary process' continues the ageless search
to refine our comprehension of reality and truth.  As our experience and
knowledge increase we revise our less informed perceptions.  Thus we are
constantly refining our visions of the mysterious intention for our lives in
the earth.  The biblical writers call us to affirm a view of reality that
honors relationship.  Yet they struggled to extend this dynamic so that it
embraced all physical and spiritual components.  Jesus urges us to let the
'holy' spirit be the source for our understanding of the world-an
orientation which trusts the way of Jesus as the word of truth revealed to
us.  Jesus says we can live out this vision with assurance that it will lead
us into eternal life.  These thoughts will compose the sermon for next
Sunday, 'Our need to trust something.'